How To Upload Vectors in GraphicRiver


Hi, I'm ShoHel Khan. This is my first blog post and I'm going to explain how I submit my vector files to one of my favourite sites, Graphicriver. I am working under the assumption that you know what a vector is, what software you need to make vectors, and what file formats vectors come in. If your confused about any of these please comment and I can explain further.


What is GraphicRiver?
A Marketplace for awesome stock graphics and print templates, Visit Graphicriver.net

Before you can submit your designs you will need to register and become an author by reading the FAQ and taking the authors quiz.

Ok so you've registered and passed the author quiz, congratulations. Lets take a look at the vector submission requirements from envatos' knowledgebase;




Submission Process

* I suggest you make a folder on your desktop and save your files to this folder, for example I made a 'Happy Valentines Doodle' folder.

 Lets assume you have made your vector in Adobe Illustrator as it is the most widely used and accepted vector software. I use version CS5. So with my .AI document I 'save as'  EPS version 10.

Next I make a large JPEG using 'save for web and devices' and specify the size, as big as you like really, I aim for 15megapixels purely because another stock site I submit to has that as the minimum requirement...so a square image would be 3900x3900 pixels for example.

Example of my Document


So far we have our vector in the following formats
  • .AI
  • .EPS
  • Large JPEG

These are the files which will be downloaded by the customer

Prepare the Preview image
Next we will make a preview image for the item description page, this needs to be inJPEG format and needs to be 590 pixels wide, height is your choice. Browse graphicriver to get an idea of what sort of preview image you would like, for me personally I usually make a copy of the large JPEG I already made and resize it to 590px wide, but occasionally if for example I would like to show a close up view I will make a slightly more fancy preview. I use photoshop for this but you can use any image editing software. Please see the two examples below.

You could use an image like this for your preview...


...or like this

Prepare a small thumbnail image
You'll notice on the graphicriver homepage the files are displayed as small thumbnail images 80x80 pixels, you need to make one of these. I like to make mine in photoshop in a document 80x80 pixels and it can be JPEG or PNG filetype. Consider how best to represent your file at that small size, browse the site to get an idea of what looks good. You can see my example below.

My thumbnail image :)

Prepare a help/info file text document
I use notepad for this and here is what I write in mine "Hello and Thank You for purchasing my file. If you need any help using it please feel free to contact me via my GraphicRiver profile, or look me up on facebook..https://www.facebook.com/janevision" You can add any information which you feel would be helpful to the buyer. 

Make a ZIP file
Still with me? Ok lets make a ZIP of the main files now, I personally use winrar. So for me I select the .AI and .EPS and large JPEG and the help/info file then I right click and select 'send to' compressed (zipped) folder. Voila! you have the main files in a zipped folder.



Checklist
So far we should have;
  • .AI cs5(or whatever version you may have)
  • EPS 10
  • Large JPEG
  • Image Preview 590 pixels wide Jpeg filetype
  • Thumbnail image 80x80 pixels Jpeg or Png filetype
  • Information/help file text document
  • ZIP of main files

Lets Upload :)

Go to your author dashboard by clicking your name in the top right. Select the vector category and click next.


So now we are at the upload form. 
  • Enter a title of your choosing and capitalize each word
  • Enter a description of your item and I like to list the files included in the download(the contents of the zip you made)
  • Now to upload your files, Yay! Use the 'choose file' button to select files from your computer, upload the ZIP of the main files and the 590px preview, and the small 80px thumbnail.



Now when you select the drop down arrows you will see the files you uploaded and you need to select the correct one for each box. The last box in the list (preview image set)is optional and I never really bother with it for my vectors so I will skip over it for this post. 

Woo hoo! we are nearly there, the category and attributes section is self explanatory, choose a suitable category. I always tick yes for layered and select the three filetypes included in your main files. Enter all your tags and tick the box at the very bottom to state the work is your own or you own the rights to it. Aaaaaand done! You can track the progress in your dashboard.

The dreaded review queue


 I have known the review process to take anywhere fron 2 to 7 days. You cannot see or edit your file once its in the review queue. Now get on with your next project or do what I do and abuse the refresh button while watching stupid videos on you tube. You will recieve an email when your file is accepted or rejected, check your spam folder as well it sometimes goes there.

So this is the way I upload my vectors, I hope you find this information useful and please feel free to comment and ask questions.

Thanks for looking in and Good Luck!
Previous
Next Post »